This is the wiki for the cosmopool software development project, a distributed ontology editor with ACLs.
The cosmopool software (still unreleased) is a knowledge management and communication tool for people living in (mainly local) communities, which are tied together in a network. Each community has its own server node and connects via existing internet lines and through inter-personal trust relationships to other communities.
- Knowledge is modelled (ontologically) as classes (patterns), instances (+copies) and relations
- Users have full control over the access to the knowledge they entered
- Users can define own (knowledge) classes; generally accepted definitions arise from peer-reviewing
- Emphasis on quick access to serial (table-like) knowledge (including automated searches)
- Linking between knowledge items with minimal effort (drag&drop)
- qooxdoo-based web application
- python-based server
- non-commercial software license
Continue with a more detailed introduction.